New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  09:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can people post their availability for Friday 7th June.

If there is sufficient interest I will run an AD&D session at mine.

New guys if you are able/willing to attend could you send me an email through my username and I will get in contact and we can plan you some characters.

I shall send all previous players an email tonight, can everyone please post your availability as soon as possible so we know whether to keep Friday available or not.

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  10:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nick,

7th June is a Wednesday in my diary - are you looking at July?

I can make June 7th or 9th.

Big Bad John.

"That was then. This is now. And you're toast."

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  15:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John spotted the deliberate mistake, June 9th Friday 6pm at mine.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2006 :  18:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can Count me in! I fin work at 5:30 so will be at yours shortly after (I only work at Maple Cross now) those road works on Ricky road are a pain by the way, what are they doing?

looking for bodies?

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2006 :  12:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Et moi.

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.
Go to Top of Page

Dies_Irae

United Kingdom
652 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2006 :  17:19:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Fraid I am away on a course that weekend..

My pirate name is:

Dirty Tom Kidd

You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw
in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you
understand; just to get rid of the smell. Even
though you're not always the traditional
swaggering gallant, your steadiness and
planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

part of the fidius.org network
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2006 :  18:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are enough people session at mine Friday 6pm.

see you then
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2006 :  10:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The player characters had been cast into a watery environment during the last session. They had survived, having repelled an attack by some undead in taking over a warren occupied by goblins.

During last nights session player characters continued their scouting and then were attacked once more by the undead. Despite the Paladin's best attempts to kill Krakahead, the undead were killed and player characters then began to explore the ravine, which ran away to the North East.

Krakahead had on the helm of underwater vision, he spied a trio of evil looking water dwelling witches that he described the other player characters in mime. The group were then attacked by giant sized shark which swallowed the Paladin whole. Fortunately everyone had received spells of water breathing so the Paladin was merely uncomfortable but not suffocating whilst the others hacked from the outside Paladin hacked from the inside and within a few rounds the shark died.

Found within the shark's belly was a staff of thunder and lightning.

The stats for that item are as follows:-

asual examination of this stout quarterstaff will show it to be exceptional, and if it is magically examined, it will radiate an aura of alteration magic. Constructed of wood (ash, oak, bronzewood, or the like) and bound with iron set with silver rivets, it has the properties of a +2 magical weapon without any expenditure of its magical charges. Its other magical properties are as follows:
Thunder: The staff strikes as a +3 weapon, and unless the opponent struck saves successfully vs. rods, staves, and wands, he will be stunned from the noise of the staff's impact--unable to take any further action in the round struck, and automatically having last initiative in the following round. This power requires the expenditure of one charge.

Lightning: A short spark of electricity leaps forth when the opponent is struck, causing normal staff damage, plus 2d6 additional points of damage from shock. Note that the staff might not score a hit, but the electrical discharge discounts any form of metal armor (making the target effectively AC 10 for this purpose), so only such damage might apply. This power requires the expenditure of one charge.
Thunderclap: The staff sends forth a cone of deafening noise, 5 feet wide at the apex, 40 feet long, and 20 feet wide at a point farthest from the source. All creatures within this cone, wholly or partially, must roll a successful saving throw vs. rods, staves, and wands or be stunned for 1d2 rounds (unable to attack during this time) and unable to hear for 1d2 additional rounds. Those who save are unable to hear for 1d4 rounds, but suffer no loss of attacks. This function requires the expenditure of two charges.

Lightning Stroke: A bolt similar to that from a wand of lightning is generated, but it is of 8d6 strength, causing 16-48 points of damage (rolls of 1 are counted as 2) to those who fail a saving throw. The stroke can be single or forked. This function of the rod uses two charges.
Thunder & Lightning: This power combines the thunderclap, described above, with a forked lightning bolt as in the lightning stroke. Damage from the lightning is a total of 8d6 with rolls of 1 or 2 counted as rolls of 3, for a range of 24-48 points. A saving throw applies, with deafness and half damage suffered by those who are successful. This power requires the expenditure of four charges.

The casting time required for any function is equal to the number of charges expended; thus, the thunder & lightning function costs four charges and has an initiative modifier of +4.

XP awards

In the past two sessions 4000 XP is awarded per session (to a maximum of 8000 XP if you attended both).

Therefore Lisos levels as a cleric.
Krakahead levels as a fighter.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2006 :  16:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed that session! Great fun!

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

puregreen
Jedi wannabe

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2006 :  03:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool session on Friday at Snorgs house, can you message me the time and place of friday the 24ths session of Ad&d.

Sean
Go to Top of Page

puregreen
Jedi wannabe

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2006 :  03:16:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I mean friday the 23rd. very late at the mo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.19 sec. Snitz Forums 2000