Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  18:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For your info the next session is at mine at 2pm this Saturday.

Get in the back of the van, you're nicked son and I ain't even had me breakfast yet.

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2006 :  23:14:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent, I've even bought some dice now.

Dan.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, nukes and proximity fused missiles.

When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend.
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2006 :  17:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two week synopsis.

The party licked their wounds, healed the injured and set about exploring the southern end of the node.

Exploration revealed the stairwell that led down into a cavern. The cavern comprised of a huge open area, at one end a lake of molten magma filled the room, this was constantly replenished by a waterfall of magma that fell directly from a portal hanging in space some 50 feet above the magma pool.

Standing by this magma pool was a pair of five giants and some ogres. The party drew the ogres away and killed them and made short work of the fire giants. The Paladin managed to break his Longsword and score a critical hit on himself, despite this the party prevailed.

In the centre of the room was a pedestal upon which rested a book the whole construction was covered with a force field like dome of shimmering energy. The book looked valuable. Aisan went to grab it. Four fire mephits materialised and attacked, breathing fire and launching magic missiles. The party retreated.

The party regrouped and went to battle the mephits. During this battle the Paladin struck the force field with his sword releasing another four mephits. Eventually all eight were slaughtered.

The runes on the book were deciphered and read in Daemon stated For Zuggtumoys beloved, who must brave the flames four times to gain true sight.

Some magical weapons were also found amongst the possessions.

During the second session and enlarged PC group scouted out the western side of the node. Some am dead were found and a Golem. The party were enticed by a large room containing a spit of corridor that led out into a large pool of liquid magma. On a ledge on the far side of the room was a shimmering force field containing a rotating sword. Interlacing the far end of the chamber closest to the sword were hundreds of rise of light that cut across the room.

A detect traps revealed that the spit of corridor was trapped at the end and that there was a trapdoor in the ceiling directly above. After much deliberation, Damon's character in attempt to foster trust with the rest of the party decided he would set the trap off. He took a corpse found in another room and threw it on to the trap mechanism setting it off. A glass barrel containing highly volatile liquids dropped from the trapdoor ceiling. It hit the ground and detonated in a massive explosion, it spread throughout the corridors in this region and nearly killed the whole party.

Next the party were attacked by the inhabitants of the magma pool, a trio of Dracohydras. The Paladin insisted on taking one on and got blasted with fire from all eight heads. The party then retreated and dispatched two of the creatures with magic missiles, missile weapons and old-fashioned hack and slash. The last creature fled in terror.

The brave thief climbed all the way round the outside of the room, laughing in the face of certain doom should he slip, and managed to get to the sword. Breaking the laser beams and the force field had no effect and he retrieved the golden Longsword. The thief returned and the weapon was identified as a holy avenger.

Subsequent investigation revealed that it was in fact a piece of wood covered with crafty illusionary magic. The whole room had been some sick joke. With much discussed amongst the party members the adventurers pressed on.

Three new adventurers had joined the party over the last two sessions.

A thief played by Alex. (who has already beaten the dying the most times in a session record).
A bard played by Jester. (Who has beaten the I will join the party and try to kill them all record).
And finally an archer played by Tom. (Who will no doubt try to combine the above two records in some glorious fashion next session).

The XP from the last session was a measly 3000 XP. Nobody has levelled but several characters should level after the next session.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2006 :  10:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I should be well enough to attend next session!

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  22:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The next session is cehduled for this Saturday, please can you update your availability, I will cancel if we get to low, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2006 :  12:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a car this weekend but could possibly get there by public transport /shudder. What time do the Saturday sessions begin and how late do they tend to go on until?

Edited by - Jester on 26 Sep 2006 12:45:08
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  10:58:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, it looks like a pretty evil journey - best part of 2 hours each way (though only about 10 miles as the crow flies). I'll play it by ear.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  17:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whereabouts are you coming in from?

Dan.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, nukes and proximity fused missiles.

Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  18:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Southgate, north London - it's about 4 miles directly south from junction 24 of the M25.
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  20:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks bud, maybe it's not so bad then. I checked it on a London journey planner and it was coming out at 1hr 50mins so lordy knows what that was all about.
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  09:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to say I'm not available this weekend; should be back to normal service by next weekend.

Southgate - central London by tube used to be about half an hour- Met line out to Watford I've never used.

I used to find the roads between Edgware and Southgate/Winchmore Hill bad much of the time - the M25 was usually OK, but when it was bad it was appalling!

Tube is almost certainly preferable to bussing it - 125 to Tally Ho corner, 221 to Edgware, then 186 to Harrow for the Met. or 142 to Watford Junction in under two hours - not very likely!

Big Bad John.

"That was then. This is now. And you're toast."

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  10:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Southgate is not a massive detour for me so I could pick you up. Even better would be if you could toodle up to Cockfosters as thats reasonably close to the M25 and should save me time.

Dan.

Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  10:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be a huge help Dan, I've emailed you to save cluttering up this thread.

Big thanks!

And cheers for the tips John (east-west public transport across London is an exercise in misery and frustration).

Edited by - Jester on 28 Sep 2006 10:24:43
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  18:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are on for the weekend, 6 attendees, 2pm start at Nick's see you then.

Edited by - Evil GM on 28 Sep 2006 18:18:19
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2006 :  10:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you have finally slain the demoness.

Matt your PC gets a wish, this was agreed with the gods after your departure.

We will have to consider where we go with the campaign now after you have defeated the temple.

All PC's involved in the slaughter last session get a level raise, the wish from the session and an attribute raise (attribute raised cannot exceed 15 by this method)
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2006 :  13:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WTF?!!! Can we have a summary please?

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2006 :  15:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I obtained godhood and you worship me now.

Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2006 :  17:30:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be there for tomorrow's session (6th), but may be slightly late.

Any chance of that synopsis of last session's apparently scary goings-on?

Big Bad John.

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2006 :  09:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be there as well nick, but will be late (fin work at 6:30)

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  09:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the weekends session cancelled? or has it just fallen off the calendar?

Dan.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2006 :  19:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry all next session is cancelled.
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  08:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hoping 2nd December is still on - I've just put off the second attempt to book me for that day!

Big Bad John.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2006 :  16:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, to confirm next session at mine Sat 02/12 starting at 2pm.
Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  01:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry again to have welshed mid session guys. Doesn't come up too often but when it does someone has to attend.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  11:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might be surprised to hear that you didn't die.

Dan.

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  15:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tis OK Alex - We are an understanding bunch, despite Graham. I know it sounds like blasphemy, but sometimes there are more important things than AD&D.

Still can't believe we killed a demigod and routed an entire city of Sea Devils without anyone taking a single hitpoint of damage!

Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  18:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, awesome... about me not dying that is, i suppose the demi god thing is pretty cool to.
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  21:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saturday 02.12.06

The party were camped within the Frost giant keep.

Krakahead had been lost, the group explored and regained possession of the submersible.

The party then prepared and entered the depths, they scouted the Sea Devils village finding a culturally and religiously important icon of great value to the Sea Devils.

Naturally they ransacked this, stealing the treasure and destroying the icon.

This infuriated the Sea Devils, who then launched an attack in retaliation.

The party hid within the keep whilst an invisible Paladin managed to seriously wound and capture one of the priestess of the Sea Devils.

Typical to form they tied her up, gagged her and got NPC Aisan to torture her horribly.

Lisos then pretended to be a fellow captive Sea Devil but the priestess saw through this.

She cried to help and her cries rang out through the depths, the party quickly silenced her. The priestess had been trying to call Dragonsani.

Seeing an opportunity the party relocated back to the destroyed keep, where they waited in ambush and allowed the priestess to call Dragonsani up from the depths.

The party buffed the Paladin to the max, and then hid upon a rock outcrop out of reach, and the priestess was allowed to call up the 30 foot terror.

Dragonsani finally arrived, AC 0, THACO -1, Attacks 7, each 2d10+, what chance if any the Paladin stand?

The tactics employed by the party worked superbly. Stoneskin negated the first attacks on the Paladin who was hasted and able to dish out massive damage. The rest of the party fired in long range magical or missile attacks and within a couple of rounds the onslaught of this concentrated firepower brought Dragonsani down ALL 160 hit points worth.

For placing himself in extreme danger of permanent death the Paladin was awarded a hero point.

Everybody was granted 6000 XP

So far!?! Recovered from the Sea Devil village was Krakahead's lost hammer and helmet of underwater action.

The party managed to fill one of their four-pint containers with Dragonsani's blood.

The next session is mine at Saturday start time noon.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  22:19:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You forgot to mention that the final straw that toppled the Dragonsani was a miss-fired arrow from one of the sea-devils. His wife's gonna kill him!

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  20:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other Items that Krakahead possesed were:

Adventurers Back Pack and usual crap within
50 Foot of rope
Footmans's Mace +1
Ordinary Longsword
Belt of holding (lots of pouches that hold more than they should & is stuffed full of my priestly spell components)
Protection scroll Vs Water Elementals
Protection Scroll Vs Gas

Oh and of course the scrap metal value of my armour :)

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2006 :  19:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next session at Nick's on Friday 29/12/06 at 12.

Bacon sandwiches on arrival, hopefully a booze session.

Edited by - Evil GM on 27 Dec 2006 19:50:56
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2006 :  20:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What time are you playing till? I am actually at work until 6:30 :o(

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2006 :  20:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
late no doubt as we haven't got school the next day
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  11:43:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not a fan of public transport so will probably be forgoing the boozing.

Dan.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  18:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem see you tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2006 :  16:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey could someone let me know of a good site to pick up all the usefull stuff like charachter creation programs, dice rollers and the usual.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2006 :  16:56:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for what system?

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  12:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The PC's chickened out of taking on the aboleth and journed into the swirling winds of the Air Node.

They were hunted by a dragon and sought refuge over to the west of the Node where thhey came upon and killed a beholder.

Lisos was killed but used an action point to avoid that attack and Dan's mage was turned to stone.

The treasure horde contained a limited wish spell that was used to get a stone to flesh scroll, bring Dan's PC back to life.

Adventure award 5000 xp
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  21:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next session at Nick's Friday 6pm, please update calendar with availability.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2007 :  09:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't make Friday and having issues updating calendar from the computer I'm on at the moment.

Dan.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  19:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
must be that parallel universe you hang out in.

BTW bad road works at my place you need to come in by car at the bridge end of the road by the Ford garage other end shut
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.7 sec. Snitz Forums 2000