Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  22:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
requires dex check but you can make it
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2007 :  15:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies if I was expected on Friday - I've been in France since before New Year and when I last looked before going, 2007 wasn't on the calendar to be set to red.

I am now back in circulation!

Bonne Annee all!

Big Bad John.

"That was then. This is now. And you're toast."

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  01:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget the monkey! The grand enemy was a monkey with enormous ears in a room full of crockery that turned people into aquatic mammals.

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.
Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2007 :  14:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which i was compelled to stab in the eye. I think this upset nick a little. We could expect some kind of fiery retribution next week!
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  21:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thuggish chimp killers
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  11:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Late session update

The PC’s explored a tunnel off the beholders lair.

The tunnel led into a funnel shaped room that need via a narrowing funnel down vertically into a much larger chamber beyond.

This larger chamber was a hexagonal room, 200 hundred feet across.

The brave thief Cerdic went and explored at the end of a rope, other party members lowered him down. He spied that on each of the 6 walls of the room (with the exception of one) there was a huge glass window and a room beyond. The 6th wall held a double door way engraved with pictures of lion hawk creatures.

The thief then tried to climb up but a force field had appeared in the funnel entrance blocking his way out. The rest of the party laughed and tried poking him with sticks but to no avail. Anything would go through the force field but nothing could come out. As the party where considering leaving the hapless hero dangling a wall of flame shot down the corridor towards them, forcing them to jump down the funnel themselves.

The party were now trapped in the large room. The thief had previously scouted out the only doorway that was open leading into a corridor to the first glass walled room. Runes above the door read something like – only one life form may enter with five non life forms, any additional will be destroyed.

Cerdic took in more than 5 items and some of these were randomly destroyed.

It soon became clear that each of the 5 rooms contained a series of fiendish traps.

Room 1

A balance beam levitating above a red floor, there were 2 safe areas marked in white. The thief found that the bar was extremely slippery and decided to save time by bounding across it. On one of his leaps he lost his footing and touched the floor. Outside in the main room random combinations of spells and monster summonsings hit the party. What fun, the bard was held and a pack of scorpions appeared attacking the party.

Room 2

This involved climbing poles and pulling levers at random.

Outside in the main room, the party got hit by ghouls and the bard failed his saves against a permanent red clowns nose and big black clown boots. The party were hit by telekinesis and got thrown in the air, the flying was good but the landing was bad.

Room 3

This contained a rising water room with cages containing deadly sea creatures, (poisonous snakes and the like). The thief shut the locks and then managed to complete the room.

Room 4

A pavement of collapsible blocks requiring very soft steps. The thief made lots of mistakes. (We were now thinking on purpose).

The party got hit by loads of monsters, the bard and Lisos got donkey ears, Lisos was deafened. The bard got big buck teeth, the fighter (Matt’s) made a critical fail and got tombstone teeth.

Room 5

A room full of vases, chandeliers and other noisy breakables randomly stacked in precarious positions. A monkey with giant ears sat snoring on a chair with levers in front of him, and his hand rested on a lever. The thief was now thinking about his life expectancy on rejoining the party, so craftily crept towards the cute dozing primate, an arrow head clenched in his sweaty palm. A tripwire pinged, a vase, cutlery set, pots and pans and a bowling ball dropped to the ground. The part swore loudly at the thief and the bard got turned into a hippo (not permanently).

The thief reached the monkey who had fallen asleep after pulling the lever in fright with all the noise. Cerdic then stabbed the monkey and killed it.

He then turned the chain drive wheel opening the two big doors in the room beyond.

5000 xp each

a hero point for the thief.
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  10:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A hero point for the thief!?! We had to do all the fighting while he watched on in comparative safety - it's an outrage!

Top fun though, cheers Nick.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  11:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I will be at Fridays session now, much to everyone's dismay.

Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  11:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must digress, i fought a monkey! He was clearly visious and rabid too.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  12:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A monkey with huge ears and under six hit points. Unarmed.

Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  14:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah yeah, and he was tied to a chair; but you weren't there man, it was hell. I have flash backs and everything.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  11:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never underestimate a monkey. They have fu powers.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, nukes and proximity fused missiles.

When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2007 :  10:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, I have left my phone at work. So if you need to call me then either use my house number or you are straight out of luck. Alternatively leave a message here. Otherwise i'll expect you to show up on my doorstep some time soon after 1pm.

Dan.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2007 :  23:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Superb session tonight. Nice work Coppa. Can't believe we're all level 15 now!

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2007 :  12:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The group roled up new characters and became the city watch for Ravens Bluff, a lage city in the Forgotten Realms.

They put down a half orc riot, sacked all the constables for generally being corrupt and rubbish.

They then recongnised that the prostitutes who were turning up with their brains sucked out were victim's of mind flayers.

They tracked down the site from were the mind flayers were teleporting to and lay in ambush.

There was a one sided fight that the cops quickly won, and the sushi bar held a chef's special.
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  19:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
House move is now sorted and I am taking up residence in a street near John from the 20th of Dec.

In the meanwhile I will host a Saturday this weekend if people are up for it. The vamps in the pyramid need staking.

Once settled I am planning on hosting fortnightly Saturday sessions in Leighton Buzzard.
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  10:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could do this Saturday, if I could get a lift home...
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  13:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm good to go.

I can supply Jester with a lift (return journey only?).

Dan.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, nukes and proximity fused missiles.

Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  18:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Dan - it now seems I'd need a lift both ways, would that be ok? Commit to my aid and save Graham from himself - it seems the humane thing to do.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  19:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jester, a two way journey will cost you a takeaway.

Graham, Calais is out of my way (and my car doesn't do sea very well). You'll need to try elsewhere, try using a ski mask and a gun in your local off-license.

Dan.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  20:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 pm start, sausage sandwiches to those thhat arive promptly, non-drivers may consume alcohol - my GMing always seems better to the mentally impaired.
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  20:45:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet! Beers and sausage butties - and a takeaway for Dan if he still has room.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  22:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Sulks cos can't do this Saturday.*

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  10:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it works out as 35 sausages sarnies for you, one between the rest.

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  13:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard he's also famous for letting people nibble his cumberland ring.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2007 :  16:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Session at my new house - 58 Cormorant Way, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 4UY.

Sunday 23/12/2007 at 2pm. Lunch provided.

Phone for directions as it is yet to appear on maps.
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2007 :  09:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one, I'd be around but don't have a car after mine blew up. Anyone able to go via Southgate?
Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2007 :  12:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers matey! It now looks like I'll have a hire car, but if things change and I still need a lift, I'll give you a yell.
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2007 :  00:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Potentially tricky question follows...

My girlfriend Fiona, who has done some roleplaying including D&D 3rd ed., is interested in coming along to a session or two to see how it works out. However, it's not my home, nor my game, and I realise adding a female member of the opposite gender might not be to everyone's taste.

So, to Nick most of all, but also to everyone else still turning up or planning to in future - please raise any ojections or disquiet at this possibility now, and no offence will be taken.

Big Bad John.

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2007 :  16:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, I salute your braveness in wanting to bring your other half to a session run by what is officially the world's most bum-sex obsessed gaming group.

Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2007 :  21:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Query - Topic is Saturday.
Post says Sunday.

Que?

(By the way, have fever, headache, etc. so may be nice and not come over to share the virus just in time for Christmas. Will see how I feel on the day (whichever that is).)

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Evil GM[/i]
[br]Session at my new house - 58 Cormorant Way, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 4UY.

Sunday 23/12/2007 at 2pm. Lunch provided.

Phone for directions as it is yet to appear on maps.

Big Bad John.

Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2007 :  11:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was very sorry to miss yesterday - I'd actually been looking forward to walking to & from a gaming session, which I don't think I've done in years! I hope the move went well, and also hope nobody died for lack of Orbis.

I'm still feeling bad today though , so its probably a good thing I didn't come.

A Merry Christmas to you all - look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

Big Bad John.

Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2007 :  11:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shame you missed a good one matey. We played the level 15 city-watch campaign and you should probably know the party is now lawful evil (you think I'm joking) and has made the traveller group look like a bunch of boy scouts on bob-a-job week.

Oh Nick, have a look at the monk as described here. It has Chi powers rather than spells - I think it looks quite interesting: http://www.mindspring.com/~ernestm/monk/monk.html

I'm convinced I was playing mine as a hodge-podge monk/cleric. The class description mentioned Chi powers in the rule set you gave me, but also cleric spells and I'm thinking it should be one or the other.

Edited by - Jester on 24 Dec 2007 13:19:35
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2007 :  22:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jester's method of dealing with a riot by creating a black-hole in the centre of town and sucking everyone into it was genius.

Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  15:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last session involved Damon and Graham losing levels, always good fun and the PC's going throuugh various traps to find the vampire lair.

5000 xp each.

Next session Sat 2pm at mine.

Please update calendar with availability as soon as you can.

Everyone is shown attending at this time.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  16:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nick, can I draw your attention to my post on the General thread. I won't be able to make it....

Edited by - Dagon on 20 Jan 2008 16:46:39
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2008 :  17:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I killed another player character, I'm starting to get a taste for it.

Dan.

Go to Top of Page

Jester
Jedi Knight

210 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2008 :  09:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may not be able to make it either...
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2008 :  08:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I can make it, but without Fiona.

Big Bad John.

Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2008 :  13:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by wilsh[/i]
[br]I can make it for AD&D goodness. Dan, if I can get to Hatfield, can I grab a lift with you?

Sure, can also give you a lift back (Hatfield, Hitchin or Harpenden) if you need it.

As for those Vampires, I have a cunning plan....

Dan.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.27 sec. Snitz Forums 2000