Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  10:02:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats okay, we all know you are possessed by an evil puppet.

Dan.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, nukes and proximity fused missiles.

When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  10:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to say that was great fun - especially the bit where we nearly got the games confused and Alex appeareed as Tony

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  13:27:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was indeed a rollercoaster ride - a late-running session, and worth the entire trip!

XP at your earliest convenience please, Mr. Dagon!

Big Bad John.

"That was then. This is now. And you're toast."

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  17:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Summary of last few sessions:

The party, having failed to escape the realm, accept council that they need to confront Lord Soth in order to leave. Heading to his keep, they climb to the top and start working their way down, encountering banshees, skelleton warriors and gargoyles. They meet a Kender, hiding in a room from the gargoyles, called Ticklemop who found a medalion that matches the description of one Lord Soth has been seeking. She was trying to find him to see if giving it to him will stop the devastation of the realm. However, while the party rests she is spotted attempting to drink blood from the neck of one of the group. The group is divided as to if they should kill her, but her genuinely tragic story moves the hearts of several of the party and John pours his blood into a glass for her.

The party finally enters Lord Soth's throne room. He is there, seated upon his throne, motionless, his eyes closed, and his lips moving silently. Closer examination reveals him to be insubstantial, and no reaction can be gathered from him. Around his throne are six mirrors. Upon inspection, each one displays a different scene and doesn't reflect the room. Each mirror bears the name Tindafalous, which Van Richten points out is the name of a powerful illusionist who works at the Carnival in Katarina - the intended destination of the party.

The party moves down, seeking more clues. (Although... at this point it should be pointed out that Elwyn turned to Matt around now, winked, and said "Let's go down.")

More banshees are confronted, as is a room full of horrid marrionettes who fire parylising darts and clamber over the frozen bodies of party members. These tiny dolls prove more of a hazard for the group than the banshees, and a lengthy fight ensues.
A book is found hidden with the stash of a banshee. John reads the human skin encrusted book, despite the evil sigil on the front belonging to an evil magic school dedicated to the destruction of good wizard's minds, and after even a few words feels his strength drain from him. He drops the book, but too late. A full level is drained.

The party continue, searching the next floor down. They pinpoint the location of several banshees, and Elwyn attempts to empty a swimming pool with a bucket, hoping it will only take a few rounds. Elwyn and Alex start hording as much gold, treasure and magic items for themselves as possible. In a library, Alex rips the last pages from every novel he can find and stores them as toilet paper, and also poos on the floor. Two magical tomes are found - Dan reads one before Elwyn can snatch it, and it crumbles to dust in his hands - The knowledge is in his brain, though, and if he acts on it over the next month he will gain a huge bonus. John finds another book, black with brass fittings, that is locked with a monstrous head. A find traps spell later reveals it to contain both magical and mechanical traps.

Two temples are found on opposide sides of the tower. One contains a broken female statue, the other a red-hot dragon. The statue seems to call to John to heal her, while the dragon asks Dan to free it. John rebuilds the statue with help from several party members. Alex refuses to enter the room to help. Upon completion, the statue magically fuses together. It reveals it is a Goddess of Krynn, thanks the party and offers healing of every sort. The room is filled with brilliant light, then the statue vanishes. Everyone in the room at the time finds all their afflictions, curses (including effects from Dark Powers - Graham and Nick, you need to decide if your characters were in the room or not) and level drains are removed. John is overjoyed. Dan, slightly less so.

Ticklemop is astonished. Her fangs have vanished. The vampyric curse now lifted she looks healthier and well. She breaks down in tears, for this blessing also could mean she cannot return to her people. Van Richten takes her to a quiet location so she can be alone.

Elwyn makes a shock confession - He'd been possessed for the last while by one of the evil dolls, and had been held prisoner in it's wooden body while it took over his. He removed the doll from his backpack and smashed it. All eyes turned to Alex, who'd also experienced the same sort of thing as Elwyn during the fight and had also been acting strangely.

Alex furiously denies being an evil doll, even to the point of producing a doll from his pack and starting to smash it. Dan, fearing that this will kill Alex's character forever attempts to intervene and a large and complex debate ensues that ends when Alex's superior speed destroys the doll. The party are forced to enter into an uneasy allience.......

XP to follow.

However, all attendees from last night gain a hero point for excellent roleplaying and fantastic use of resources.

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  18:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wooo Hoo! a Hero point!

How do I add a hero point in core rules?

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  19:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You add it in your brain.

Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  01:03:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel a stern warning should ensue that the adding of hero points to brains does not involve the use of power tools and should only be performed by proffesionals, and them that aren't daft!
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  08:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was also the meting-out of justice to the evil, energy-draining tome - that is, we burned it, blessed the ashes and scattered them.

As I recall, the effects of Mishakal's healing permeated the entire area- it was just that those outside the room received a saving throw.

Big Bad John.

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  09:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I liked my curse, it was quite good. On the other hand the book I read rocked big bells, though with actually no immediate benefit whatsoever.

Dan.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, nukes and proximity fused missiles.

When the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not our friend.
Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  12:52:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My curse kinda sucks as it stops me doing lots of stuff, at the same time i'll be damned if i try to metagame out of it!
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  19:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
speaking of the game - what are we gonna do about the silver? dragon statue - the one that asked Dan to Free him?

Are we gonna bust it incase it is noce and friendly and gives us lots og goodies, or are we gonna leave it where it is incase it really wants us for dinner?

Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  22:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Individual character decision. Bob would have reassembled the white statue alone if necessary - he thought it was probably the right thing to do. He'll be less keen on the hot dragon statue though!

Big Bad John.

Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  23:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Throw a bucket of water on it.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  09:57:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A stonking 2000xp each for last session, BTW!

Remember - 6:30 on Friday.

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  11:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can people confirm attendance please? Numbers are quite low....

Go to Top of Page

dilligaff
Padawan

Saint Kitts and Nevis
148 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  12:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be there. I'm busy next w/e though.

Dan.
Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  12:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be there.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  19:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep -I shall be there - although I will need collection from work again - I fin at 6:30.

However some good news, I have been given all clear from doctor to get another scooter, so I am hunting round now, and shall hopefully be fully independant once again! Hurrah!

Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  21:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slightly to my surprise, I _can_ do tomorrow.

Paul, I've updated and uploaded Eldrige's character file.

Elwyn, I will try to collect you as soon after 6.35 as I can.

Big Bad John.

Edited by - Big Bad John on 29 Mar 2007 21:40:52
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  22:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your a Gentleman and a Scolar sir!

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2007 :  23:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And also a scholar.

Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  00:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry to say i'm now not gonna be able to make it, sorry to chop and change on you guys, but works a bit like that at the mo. we're running on skeletan staff, and without an evil cleric around to whip them into shape they just stand around chatting all day!
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  13:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hokay Dokay. We have three players for tonight. I'm happy to go ahead with three if you lot are....

Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2007 :  00:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The team ponder what action to take in the temple with the silver dragon statue. Some research in the library, an augary and much pontification later, the team lay into the thing. After a few hits the room starts shaking, the statue starts to glow white hot and move. Molten metal drips to the floor as the statue melts. Soon, all that is left is a pool of hot liquid and a sword on an anvil. After waiting a long, long time for it to cool, Dan picks it up and is told by the sword that it is an Oathmaker, specially designed to punish errant knights and placed in the keep by the God Paladine to annoy Lord Soth. It has many special powers.

Keen to put them to the test, the party slay two banshees with little trouble. Many magical items are identified.

The party travel downwards through the keep. The next floor is primarily taken up by a large garden. A female elf lies dead near a rose bush. Some investigation leads the team to believe the bush may have had something to do with her death (due to strange colour changing petals), and leave well alone.

As they start to explore the rest of the floor, they come across the evil dwarf werebadger Azrael waving what looks like a mop and shouting "Varuda Varuda Varuda!". A ghostly apparition of a woman with a crooked smile appears, but transforms into a hideous ghost that causes him to cack his pants. He runs smack into the party, who refuse to let him past and prepare to combat the ghostly figure, until it vanishes and Azrael reveals it was an illusion. This was to be his last ditch attempt to bring Soth out of the mirrors - Create an illusion of the woman he seeks, hoping it will bring him back to reality. A conversation ensues where Azrael reveals how much fun it is to torture elves, why he loves murdering elves, why elves are annoying, and why they should all be killed horribly by him. Elwyn reveals he is half-elf. Azrael says all elves should be looked after very well indeed.

More chat, and Azrael all but pleads with the group to help him. He sees them as a possible last hope to save his life (and the realm of elves he so loves to annoy). Thinly veiled threats fly all around, but he does give help and advice, plus some sensible warnings.

With his words ringing in their ears, the group head back to the throne room and enter the first mirror........

Very good session tonight - Lots of fun, and the image to Lord Soth being turned evil by the party constantly hiding behind pillars and pissing on him will stay with me forever.

XP - 3,000 each!

No session next week as it is Easter weekend and hardly anyone is around.

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2007 :  09:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shall be attending tonight, but require collection from work again - I finish at 6:30

Can someone collect me?

I will not have access to the web once I am in work.

Good news however is that I should be getting my self a new scooter on Saturday - all being well!

Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  16:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good session last night - lots of fun and frolics in perverting lord soth's dreams!

Go to Top of Page

StoneyAlexSleeps
Padawan

United Kingdom
145 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2007 :  00:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah work is really being quite awful and they are now docking all our hours too just to make things more convenient. I think i need to find a 9 - 5.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Snitz Forums 2000