Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  18:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
29th - I now have to work for at least part of the day. I may be late....

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2005 :  18:17:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Session synopsis Monday 19th December 2005
Present were Graham, Tony, Paul, Ken and Elwyn.
The group installed their greatest find so far, (a magic mirror capable of scrying, opening portals to viewed areaís and reading thoughts), in the keep. In a fortified room they created a large cage in which they placed the mirror, each PC has a key enabling them to open this cage allowing access to the mirror. So any creature coming out of the mirror will be trapped in the cage.

A new character joined the group, Kenís PC, who after being ignored at the doors of the Keep was captured, stripped of his possessions and tied up. After demonstrating his thieving abilities and proving he wasnít as evil as Aisan he was allowed to tag along.
Aisan did some scrying with his crystal ball and located within the Temple the Ninja who had previously killed him and the Paladin, he was also able to determine that there was a secret way into the Temple via the throne. The PCís travelled via the mirror into the ground level of the Temple (protections against teleportation prevented the PCís going in underground) and they started examining the throne. Aisan was unusually insistent that they go down there and get the ninja, further scrying showed that she was taking a bath and was mistreating a captive.

Aisan was acting strangely but the other PCís didnít know why. Finally the other characters lack of action was too much for Aisan who sat upon the throne and mentally commanded it to descend. Krakahead was standing near the throne having agreed to go with him, whilst the other PCís watched. The throne descended down into a tunnel leading vertically into the floor. The other PCís scrambled after Aisan and the throne continued to descend down the tunnel down the tunnel until it reached a large open room below some 200 feet from the surface.

They had entered a room containing powerful magic and evil. They took one look around the room, convinced Aisan it was time to go and they all got back on the throne an Aisan and commanded it to rise. Back at the surface they returned to the keep via their mirror. The PCs still very concerned at Aisan's strange behaviour and got a second opinion on two magical items he had been carrying around.
Firstly the orb of golden death, the skull shaped orb with for depressions equally spaced around the crown of the skull. This device had several innate powers was also emanating high levels of powerful chaotic evil enchantments. The second item was destroyed by the mage and an exact identification was never made, suffice to say the crystal ball must have been cursed.

Aisanís behaviour returned to normal and the group agreed that for safekeeping the orb of golden death would be stored within the Wizard Guild at Ravens Bluff.

The PCs prepared to venture once more into the temple proper, readying their weapons they exited in the report will and descended down to level three. They feared that the glowing balls of light that they had encountered during a previous foray onto this level would prove to be difficult opponents, knowing that they discharged electricity as a weapon, they use protection from electricity spells provided by Lisos.

These were cast upon Zacharia and Krakahead, the whole party was invisible and stealthily moved deeper into the dungeon and approached the circular chamber containing the glowing balls. The glowing balls did not react until the Paladin ascended towards them, being highly intelligent creatures made their saving throws to detect an invisible creature. Additionally the PCs had fired slingshots and thrown stones into the chamber to announce their presence.

These creatures were with will-o-the-wisps, they turned invisible themselves scooted round at fast speed to surround Krakahead who they had also detected and then they blasted him with electricity. Aisan opened up with a magic missile hitting and injuring one of the willo-the-wisps. The creatures reacted by/being their body lights, the way in which they communicate, then they all became invisible once more and reappeared the next round surrounding Aisan who over the next couple of rounds was electrocuted to minus five hit points.
Eventually with brute force the PCs, mainly Zacharia with magical support, least of which was Lisos hitting Aisan with a dispel magic that may have negated some of his Potions, managed to cause the will-o-the-wisps to retreat. Battered and bloody PCs retreated themselves back to their keep.

XP award

Monsters Ė 6000 xp for forcing retreat.
Total per PC 1500 xp (additional roleplay bonus inc.).

Edited by - Evil GM on 21 Dec 2005 18:18:38
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  17:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2pm Start at mine for thursday, bring a bottle, see you then.
Go to Top of Page

Dagon

Kyrgyzstan
895 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2005 :  19:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be there closer to three, I think. Boss lady said um-no-go-earlier.

Pee Po Belly Bum Drawers.
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2005 :  11:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have posted extra sessions on the timetable, the soonest being one for bank holiday Monday 2nd Jan.

Paul I have put a Vampire on for you.

My thoughts are to run as many sessions as possible during this quiet time when I know people are off work.
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  17:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next session is this coming friday 6.01.06 at mine.

No session is being held on Monday.
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2005 :  12:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Session synopsis Friday 29 December 2005
Present were Graham, Matt, Paul and Ken.

After regrouping the player characters entered the circular chamber previously containing the wisps, fortunately there was no sign of them. The Oriental thief mage fought he heard some movement to the north and went to scout out but nothing was apparent.

Moments later the party were attacked, a fireball detonated in the circular chamber burning some of the PCs, a troop of trolls and ogres then stormed down the corridor and engaged in hand-to-hand fighting. The PCs were too quick and utilised invisibility and levitation to evade the onslaught. Turning the tables on the bad guys are fighters attacked under a shroud of pyrotechnical smoke and a darkness spell, quickly chopping down the trolls and ogres. Another fireball flashed into the room enveloping all the characters, this crispy fried the Oriental character who fell from a cresset 20 foot above the floor, unfortunately for him the fall did more damage and killed him. Lisos jumped upon the unconscious form of Aisan and saved him from a permanent death while taking a massive amount of fire damage herself, leaving her on one hit point.

The characters pursued the fleeing humanoids up the corridor and took them on making good use of three-dimensional combat to outflank their foes. The surviving trolls and ogres fled from the battle. The source of the fireballs was not determined.

The group returned to their keep and from there visited the temple in Hommlett where the Oriental character was raised from the dead and therefore owes the party 10,000 gold. They then returned to the temple and sneaked into the circular chamber once more.

Fearing that the items in the statues were trapped or cursed the player characters pulled back to their safe refuge and learnt some spells.

They utilised unseen servant spells to pick up the items or drag them across the floor they then roped them together and returned to the keep. The items were identified and distributed or sold as applicable. Amongst the horde was a platinum urn worth 20,000 gold pieces, a ring of x-ray vision, a cloak of poisonousness, a cursed spear, a crossbow of speed with a missing string, a scroll of protection from magic.

The group returned once more to the temple and headed for a room to the southwest of the third floor that was known to contain a forest of fungi. The group were extremely cautious utilising invisibility and silence spells/potions, they entered the large grotto that was filled from floor-to-ceiling with bulbous mushroom type growths. They sought to destroy some of this damp myconid life with fire and succeeded in killing off some spores and the outer layers of fungi, but the fungal growth was so dense and thick it didn't make much of an impression.

The Paladin spotted a female human fighter at the back of the chamber who peaked over a growth of mushrooms, she was wearing a golden helmet and quickly ducked out of view. The Paladin hoisted the dwarf bard up into the air and both of them levitated forwards through the mushroom fields. Lisos also levitated upwards having acquired Aisanís boots of levitation and covered the party with the wand of paralyzation.

As the Paladin and bard move forward they were suddenly chilled by what later turned out to be a giant fungi that was capable of sucking heat from any warm blooded creatures that came within 5 feet of it. Both took considerable damage (25hps each in a round) and pulled back to assess the situation. The party were then stumped the fungi growth stretched from floor-to-ceiling, was immobile, nonintelligent and had no active attacks or defences but seemed impervious to ordinary physical or weapon attacks. They utilised the unseen servant to pour oil all over the mushroom and then set it on fire. Unfortunately the heat from the fire fed the mushroom which expanded to four times its normal size nearly filling the centre of the chamber from one wall to the other, expanding to encroach over the other mushrooms in the room as it did so.

So the party had managed to turn a small killer mushroom into a giant size one.

Following the bard's advice the party headed up to level 2 and then came down a southwesterly passage that brought the group down into the back of his mushroom room past the giant killer mushroom. The group used a silence spell and then battled through a soft mouldy dungeon door and entered the room. The Paladin detected an evil aura 60 foot from the doorway, and the Oriental thief fired a web off into the area. The Paladin and the dwarven bard, both who could run around in Webbed areas drove forward to deal with this creature.

The evil was emanating from a female fighter who was trapped within the Web and trying to cut herself free the Paladin tried to strike her but got tangled in the fungi and fell over. The dwarf raised his mighty battleaxe and drove it into the chest of the female fighter who screamed and coughed up blood whilst pleading for mercy.
The dwarf struck her a couple more times, then she got off a charm spell an instant before the dwarf tried to strike her dead. (The charm spell works as quickly as a magic missile and so is perhaps a potent weapon that the party could use against foes). The dwarf was charmed and the Paladin who had regained his feet and was invisible struck the fighter. This didn't go down well with dwarf whose new-found friend was being killed before is very eyes and so he tried to jump on the Paladin to prevent any further attacks.

The fighter was killed and the creature reverted to its original form. The creature was a Lamia, a cross between a lion's body and legs with a female human's torso, arms and head. The creature had used an illusion to make itself appear as a comely female fighter, it had then charmed the dwarf in an attempt to make party members turn on one another.

The Lamiaís body was looted and found on its person were bracers of defence, and a magical short sword. Around the creatures neck was a non-magical necklace.

XP award
Trolls and Ogres - 8000
Lamia Ė 3000

Total per PC 3500 xp (additional roleplay bonus inc.).

Edited by - Evil GM on 31 Dec 2005 12:52:48
Go to Top of Page

Dies_Irae

United Kingdom
652 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2006 :  23:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

FYI I cant make it on Friday as I am on a training weekend.
I'd still count myself as a part-timer for the group unfortunately.

Tony.
Go to Top of Page

Barghest
Padawan

106 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  09:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure about my timing for Friday. May be there at start, or may be late.

However, delays on a Friday night should be at an end after this week.

Nick, I'm fine at my character performing appropriate scouting, spells etc in support of the party.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  12:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suggest we make a late night of it on Friday and get some more of the terrors of the temple revealled, t6his is enough people are willing to play after midnight...
Go to Top of Page

Barghest
Padawan

106 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  14:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a trip to deepest Kent coast on Saturday morning...
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  16:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shall be there Friday at around 6. Not sure about stopping mega late as yet due to the fact I can't remember if I have anything planned already for Saturday.

Will have to check my social calendar - aka - Karen and will let you know

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Evil GM

United Kingdom
711 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  23:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shall be there at 5 at the earliest but may be late depending on how many other idiots decide to stab each other.
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  09:11:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do your work colleagues really want to get away from you that desperately?

"On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time" - George Orwell
Go to Top of Page

Big Bad John
Jedi Knight

South Sandwich Islands
226 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  13:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can be there from 5pm.

Big Bad John.

"That was then. This is now. And you're toast."

At this point the GM screamed 'can we stop the roleplaying and get on with the hack and slash please?'. The whole party sat stunned, in awe, for several seconds (apart from Paul, who made a knob joke).
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  13:16:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be stopping late but will not be able to arrive till around 6. Oh and I will be partaking in the take away for dinner

Go to Top of Page

ned
Jedi wannabe

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  21:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya
I'm a 30 year old gamer (D&D/scriptD&D). Would like to find a group in NW London. Do you always play on Friday nights? I'm also into Traveller and like the sound of Paranoia although I've never tried it. I've registered my contact details on the system.
Ned
Go to Top of Page

brightblade
Jedi wannabe

13 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  21:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW!! 5 pages of replies.. all from my little post
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2006 :  10:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Ned,

High again Brightblade

As you can see we are an active community.

To be truthful, we tend to pick days that the most of us are free or available, which lately has been Firdays, but this is by no means the set gaming day. Not so long ago we used to play on Wednesdays, its just panned out at the mo to a Friday.

By the way Brighblade, you a dragonlance fan?

Edited by - KrakaHead on 09 Jan 2006 10:14:58
Go to Top of Page

brightblade
Jedi wannabe

13 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2006 :  10:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As you can see we are an active community.

Yes you are!! I'm impressed!

quote:

By the way Brighblade, you a dragonlance fan?

Indeed I am!! That is indeed where I got my handle - well done! I always liked Sturm Brightblade..
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2006 :  11:37:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dragonlance is the game world that I used to do when I ran AD&D when I lived in Wales many years ago and is probably my fave setting.

I am actually slowly in the process of converting to 3.5 but I have a lot of catching up to do, as I am way behind in the whole history of DL. The last stuff I read was Tales 2!!! Since then there has been about 3 wars and the gods leaving Krynn and returning again? I think!

Go to Top of Page

brightblade
Jedi wannabe

13 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2006 :  11:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by KrakaHead[/i]
I am actually slowly in the process of converting to 3.5 but I have a lot of catching up to do, as I am way behind in the whole history of DL. The last stuff I read was Tales 2!!! Since then there has been about 3 wars and the gods leaving Krynn and returning again? I think!

Funny, but I'm actually exactly where you are! Used to read Dragonlance ages ago, but haven't read any new book in years. I did take one of the 3.5 source books and skimmed through everything that has happened since. A pretty quick way of catching up
Go to Top of Page

KrakaHead
Jedi Master

United Kingdom
822 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2006 :  12:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, source book wise I have the new DL campaign setting, the age of Mortals CS, Towers of High Sorcery and I have ordered the new War of the Lance Source Book. Its quite a lt to take in as I am also getting to grips with the new 3.5 game rules as well as all of the massive changes to the gaming world!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snorgs Pit of Putrification © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.21 sec. Snitz Forums 2000